ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

PATIENCE IS DEFINITELY A CHIRSTLIKE ATTRIBUTE I AM WORKING ON RIGHT NOW

Hola mi familia!
Sorry I forgot to thank you for the care package in my last email. I sent a letter thanking you that you should get pretty soon but once again thank you :) I got the socks and the candy and the jerky which are all greatly appreciated. Oh and yes I found my white tie.


Thanks for all of the letters yesterday I think Dad is right it does sound like your going crazy on blog spots and email groups but me and all of my roomates appreciate the info on wats going on down there. Its really cool to hear about Elders who are already down there and how we can learn from their mistakes. I'm glad that your sending up the thermals and the sleeping bag cuz it sounds like they will be much needed in the winters there. I'm not sure how I'll fit the sleeping bag but I will find a way. And yes mom those measurements are right. One other thing that I could actually use is washable slacks. Apparently the list said to bring washable slacks but me being me didnt notice that so if you could send a pair that would be great.


Well thank you soo much for all the support back home. Its easy to get discouraged sometimes but reading your letters always lifts my spirits and makes me want to do the best that I possibly can. It's really easy me being me to beat myself up about needing to learn the language faster and to get discouraged about it. When I get frustrated with it I just try to remind myself to be patient and that it will take a while to learn it I just need to keep working hard. I just want to be able to teach lessons and talk in Spanish now!! haha so patience is definitely a Christ like attribute that I'm really working on right now. 


Well things are basically the same here at the MTC. After a while all of the days seem to kind of just blend together. Its crazy how fast its going by. I try to take advantage of every minute to learn as much as possible but we also laugh alot here. Our district is pretty funny and my teachers our awesome.
And dont worry mother you will be getting pictures soon. Your really only supposed to take pictures on P-day and on Sunday so there isnt that much time to but don't worry you'll be getting some good ones soon.


Well. Things sound pretty crazy down in concepcion from the letters I got from you yesterday but it doesnt phase me much. I can handle fleas and rain and cold showers as long as I can communicate effectively with the people haha.
Well I'm excited for Bay Abbie and Dad to go to Youth Conference. It sounds like its going to be alot of fun. I'm especially excited for Bay since its his first youth conference! I'm sure he will love it. And Box lacrosse sounds really intense but Baylor is tough I know he can handle it. Well I'm about out of time but keep the emails and letters comeing. Love you guys!


con amor y abrazos, Élder Harper

No comments: