ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Saturday, August 8, 2009

P-DAY ISN'T REALLY P-DAY HERE

A slow mail letter: Postmarked August 3rd, 2009


Dear Familia,

Dad, I got your letter after I finished the email so I’ll answer some questions now. Yeah, it was way trippy seeing Ben. It felt like he was an Alien from the forbidden outside world ha ha, but it was good seeing him. The surf sounds pretty fun. I laughed about Uncle Larry’s fights. The Grumpy Walruses that surf Doho are annoying.

That’s cool that Scotty is going to North Carolina. I’m glad he got his call! By the way, an Elder from my district is from High Point North Carolina if you know where that is.

P-day isn’t really P-day here We go to the temple in the morning (which is awesome) then we have 3 hours to write and do laundry. Then after that it goes back to a normal day. We do studying and stuff. Elder Vincent is from Provo. My other roommates, Elder Swenson y Elder Kamalu are great guys too. We have a good district.

There’s not too much time to iron but the shirts are working out ok. By the way, thank you for the package! I got the socks and candy but I just forgot to tell you in the email. Whoops! By the way, send one more pair of socks and at least 2 more pairs of compression shorts cuz we play soccer 5 days a week! I’m no good but it’s still fun.

Yeah, a few friends have written me so far. Thanks for asking, and we get our mail from the mailroom every night. Tell everybody about the Dear Elder thing! I’m glad you found it cuz it’s awesome! Well, I got to go but you’ll probably get this letter at around the same time as the email and I’ll talk more in the email. Adios!

abrazos, Elder Harper : )

No comments: