Hola familia y todos los otras personas quien leen esto!
Well for starters thank you thank you very much for the package! Yes I got and like the pants and all of the other goodies you sent me :) Thank you Abbie Izzie and Bay for the stuff you sent me too. I use the pedometer every day Baylor hahaha even though its kinda sad cuz we dont walk much here. Were sitting down studying most of the time. Anyways I didnt realize that school is already starting for the kids, you must be excited mom haha. Izzie starting middle school and Bay starting high school. Its gunna be a good year. You better look out for little freshman Bay at school Abbie. Yes Baylor I called you little :D
Anyways not too much has happened this week. It all went by kind of fast. Me and Rudy's meal times overlap a little bit so I see him every now and then in the cafeteria which is nice. One time he dropped and shattered a plate, the whole cafeteria always claps when that happens, hahaha it was great because its almost happened to me like three times. At least one person breaks something every meal time. Buy he he seems like hes enjoying it here. Ive also ran into Jason Mosley a few times and I talked to Kevin Kroll in the cafeteria yesterday! That was cool cuz I havent seen him in ages. And then Jeff got here today I think so I'll keep my eye out for him.
Well tonight I'm going to be teaching the 1st lesson in Spanish for the first time in the TRC (teaching resources center) to an "Investigator" Yeah I'm pretty dang nervous porque todavía mi español no es bueno. I mean I'm improving slowly but I´m not ready for tonight. So it will be an interesting experience. Oh and as of last Wednesday our teachers have been speaking to us almost always in spanish so thats been a head ache even though I know its beneficial. I just need to keep being patient with it.
Oh and dont worry mother I'm sending my sd card in the mail to you tomorrow so you should get it by monday at the latest. And no I have not gotten the overshoes just yet but I'm sure I will soon :) Last week my RC (telephone) experience wasnt so good. All I got were some wrong numbers and I got yelled at in ebonics a few times hahaha gotta love the southerners. But its all good, I try not to let stuff like that bother me too much.
I'm proud of you for getting going on the B.O.M. again mom keep goin with it and you'll find that when you start your study with a prayer your spirit will open your mind and heart to things that you would might not have noticed before. I'm in the book of Ether right now reading about faith in chapter twelve. Faith is definitely something I'm trying to work on right now and the words of Moroni in that chapter are very powerful and inspiring. By faith we can accomplish anything as the stories in the book of mormon show us time and time again. Oh by the way I absolutely love the scripture marker pen thing you gave me grandma and papa! Ive got an awesome color coding system down that I borrowed from another Elder and it's helped my studies alot. Well I'm about out of time but stay awesome everyone! chau!
siempre con amor y abrazos, Élder Harper :)
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great letter! Very inspiring! We're so proud of Riley and so grateful for his example. Thanks for sharing his mission experience with us!
Pam
Post a Comment