ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

IT'S LIKE SPIRITUAL CANDY TO ME I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Hola mi familia!

First of all yes the water proof socks sound great! dont worry I wont lose them, thanks for looking out for me :) And yeah the overshoes sound like they would come in handy too, it will be tough making room for all this stuff but I know they will all be sorely needed in the field so send the overshoes too. I think I'm fine with the sweaters I have but I'll let you know if I change my mind. Yes I did bring my oakley beanie but you can send another one.. along with some washable slacks hahah thanks. 


Unfortunately I was getting my haircut when Rudy arrived so I have not seen him yet but I will definitely be keeping my eye out for him cuz I'm really excited that he's here. It will be nice to talk to someone from home. And I got the photos, haven't opened them yet, but I'm excited so thank you. I havent gotten the package you sent with the wrights yet but I'm sure I will soon.
Wow its crazy to think that I've already been here for a month. The weeks really do fly by. A big part of that is because, besides Sundays, P-day and the Tuesday night devotional all the days kind of blend together cuz we are doing the same stuff. But it's still going good here. I still have a lot of growing to do before going into the field so I'm glad we still have 4 and a half or so weeks left.
Well on Thursday I discovered a new love for the referral center. I decided to start taking inbound calls instead of the usual outbound and it was great. I got two people to commit to accepting lessons from the Missionaries in their area :) It feels a little weird testifying and such over the phone but I had a spiritual experience doing it none the less.


Well from what I've heard from Abbie, Bay and Taylor youth conference sounds like it was a lot of fun and it sounded like you and Izzie had just as much fun at home. I bet Izzie loved all those daytrips. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well at home. Well, my spanish is still..uhmm... Well, I'm still working on it hahaha but I'm trying not to worry about that too much cuz I know the Lord will take care of me. Right now I'm just trying to build up as much teaching skills and Christ like attributes as I can. Right now I'm especially working on Charity. On loving my fellow missionaries and the people who I don't know yet in Chile because as Moroni says without charity we are nothing. And without charity, people won't want to hear what you have to say. Well thanks for all the love and support guys! keep sending it my way hahaha. Oh yeah and one more thing read the Book of Mormon as a family every night. Not even kidding you
it's like spiritual candy to me I love it so much. Well until next week Adios!

abrazos y amor, Elder Harper

No comments: