Hola a todos!!!
So school is winding down at home and so is the mission here for me.. sigh.. but don't worry, I'm not like Abbie with senioritis, no signs of trunkiness =) jaja,Love you Abbie! Anyways last week was pretty good, it was my last week in Villa Obispo and last week as zone leader. President took all of my group and the group that goes home after me from leadership positions so that the younger guys can have more leadership experience when President Martinez takes over on June 28th. But before I get to the cambios, I´ll let you know how the week went even though it wasn't all that eventful.
We weren´t able to meet with Pamela all last week because she was out of town but she came back Saturday night and still came to church on Sunday so we were pretty stoked about that. We just need to get to know and talk to the boyfriend so that they can get married, and if that is hopeless, so that they at least can get separated. If it wasn´t for that, she would get baptized right away. She is incredibly humble and receptive and really really nervous. She's always worried that she''s doing something wrong and its hard for her to look at people that she doesn´t know well in the eye.
We weren´t able to get a hold of Patricia and Rayen til the weekend but they are doing well. They have a date for the 25th of June and Patricia came to church again. Rayen stayed home with her brother because she was sick. Mattias is doing all right but his parents are a pain. His mom is lazy and hasn't come to church and when Mattias doesn't ¨behave¨ his dad won't let him go to church, but I still know that he will get baptized, and soon. We also found a few very good new investiagators last week who are very interested in getting to know the church and we have citas with them this week. Some are incomplete families so it will be good working with them. Well, for the missionaries that are going to work with them. And Alejandra fell off the face of the planet. That's about everything new with the investigators that I can think of at the moment. I also did my last two baptismal interviews of my mission last week, sniff sniff. I´ll really miss that. I love seeing the spirit and feeling the testimonies of baptismal candidates.
As far as converts go,' Christopher came on Sunday and hes doing good. Jose Cruces finally recieved the priesthood and shood be getting a calling soon. He and his wife have interviews with the bishop this week. Also Ale and Dina had some drama, but everything is fixed now. We had a great spiritual talk with them and he understands repentance better now and I know that they won't be straying from the straight and narrow any time soon. It was hard saying goodbye to everyone last night (there was no time on Sunday because we went up to conce for my last consejo on Monday, thus the lack of email yesterday).
Some of my best converts and the most faithful members I have met here are in Villa Obispo. I loved it a lot and in my book it's right up there with Monte Águila. I am now in Renaico, a little pueblo just like 45 minutes south west of Los Ángeles, inbetween Los Ángeles and Angol.
I´m now in a different zone and have no leadership responsibilities, just like half of all the zone leaders from last cambio. Oh, side note, but Bustos is asistant now, I'm stoked about that. Anyways I´m not training but I´m finishing the training of Elder Arroyo, an Argentine that just got here last cambio. We mainly work here in Renaico but we also have another and smaller pueblo in our sector called Tijeral. It's its own branch but it's even smaller than Monte Aguila and Santa Juana. We work there Tuesdays and Sundays, and in Renaico every other day. And from the looks of it, we have a few progressing investigators in both pueblos. I´ve heard good things about this place and I'm stoked to be here. It was my Papi´s (DeLeons) favorite sector. We actually stayed here my first night in the mission on our way down to Pitrufquén. It's cool to be back in a pueblo too I guess; president sure loves me in the pueblos jaja.
I´m now in a different zone and have no leadership responsibilities, just like half of all the zone leaders from last cambio. Oh, side note, but Bustos is asistant now, I'm stoked about that. Anyways I´m not training but I´m finishing the training of Elder Arroyo, an Argentine that just got here last cambio. We mainly work here in Renaico but we also have another and smaller pueblo in our sector called Tijeral. It's its own branch but it's even smaller than Monte Aguila and Santa Juana. We work there Tuesdays and Sundays, and in Renaico every other day. And from the looks of it, we have a few progressing investigators in both pueblos. I´ve heard good things about this place and I'm stoked to be here. It was my Papi´s (DeLeons) favorite sector. We actually stayed here my first night in the mission on our way down to Pitrufquén. It's cool to be back in a pueblo too I guess; president sure loves me in the pueblos jaja.
Well the time of the final sprint to the finish line has come. My last cambio; I can hardly believe it. Six weeks, it will go by in the blink of an eye. I swear I just started last cambio like last week! Oh well what can you do. I´ll miss Swainston cuz we were good buds and got along well but I'm stoked to finish my mission with a Latin who doesnt know English with just us in the house. It's been a while since I've been a whole day without speaking English. It will be fun to end it speaking as much spanish as possible. Well I'll tell you more about the sector and my new comp next week. I love you all and we will be seeing eachother in no time. CHAO!!!!!!!
con cariño, Elder Harper =)
No comments:
Post a Comment