ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Monday, May 30, 2011

I'M GOING TO MILK MY LAST WEEK HERE IN THIS SECTOR FOR ALL THAT IT'S WORTH BECAUSE I WILL REALLY MISS IT




Hey hey hey!

Happy Memorial Day! Hope it's a good one with a good ol´ fashioned American barbecue. Well this week was pretty good, not really any reason to complain but our best investigators are just kind of, stagnant. Well maybe not stagnant but progressing a lot more slowly than we would like. This week most of them progressed very little or just didn't progress. Patricia and Rayen are in Santiago. We found and taught them last week so that was good. Patricia is just really weird, like really hot and cold, but I truly believe she and her daughter will be baptized by the end of June. She´ll get there, she´s just taking a while.

Alejandra recently started working and we couldn't get a hold of her all week. So we hope to change that this week and teach her officially for the first time. We had a great lesson with Mattias, his mom Ximena, and the ex-wife Rosa and they all agreed to be baptized. They were all excited to come to church this week but they didn't show. Not even the recent convert Dad and son came, which is unlike them. So we will have to see what went down there either today or tomorrow. Sigh.. investigators.. so stressful at times.

The only investigator that we had that showed progression this week was this new investigator that we found last week. We taught her this week and she is awesome. She could be baptized in less than a month except for one thing.. she's not married!!!! But it's not like I can say that that came as a surprise. She lives with her boyfriend and her seven year old kid. Her name is Pamela. She is very receptive, very poor and humble, and very very nervous and suspicious. Her character leads me to think that there might be some violence issues in the home but I won't jump to conclusions just yet. We haven't even met the guy yet just the son. But she came to church this Sunday and she has the desire to follow Jesus and be baptized if she comes to know that the church is true. So now we just need to help her so that she can either get married or separated so she will be able to be baptized.

She also came to this great devotional that we had on Saturday night and that helped her a lot. On Saturday there was a stake devotional for all of the recent converts from the last two years in the whole stake and for investigators. President Swenson came to speak at it and the Stake President spoke as well and let me just say that it was awesome. The spirit was felt strong, Pamela loved it, and I got to see some of the converts and some members from Monte Águila =). It was just a very joyful and spiritual evening. I was disappointed that none of my converts from Galvarino came but oh well, what can ya do. Then on Sunday Pamela came to church and really enjoyed it and I don't doubt that she will keep coming, with her. It will just all depend on the boyfriend, whether he is willing to support her and get married, or if she is strong enough to take her kid and move out, or kick the boyfriend out. So we will see how that goes.

In the end last week was good because we were able to teach a lot and by doing that I was able to feel the spirit a lot as well as our investigators. But almost none of them went to church therefore they weren´t able to progress. So this week we will have to see why they didn't come and help make sure that they come this next week. Well 
I´m coming up on my last week here in VIlla Obispo, my last week as zone leader, and the beginning of the end of my mission. I'm going to milk my last week here in this sector for all that it's worth because I really will miss it, especially the ward. Well that's all I got for today. Congratulations on your eye surgery Dad, happy recovery and well, I hope you all have a great week.

Entonces hasta Lunes, portense bien y cuidense mucho, les quiero harto, CHAO!!!

con cariño, Elder Harper =)
Familia Kiger (Villa Obispo)


Paulin y Cristopher (Villa Obispo)

No comments: