Sounds like everythings going good back at home, just winding up the school year. Congratulations on graduating seminary guys way to go!!! Well down here in Chile winter is definitely setting in to stay. Last week we didn't really see too much of the sun at all. It kind of just rained on and off all week, but it let up on Sunday and yesterday and today we're cold and sunny. With the rain gone the temperatures drop, but that's ok, I prefer the cold to hot any day. And cold means no rain which is even better. Oh and we have a nice big wood stove right in between mine and my comps beds in the bedroom so that's awesome. When we get that thing goin' it's even too warm.
Yeah, Renaico is a cool town and the area around it and Tijeral is really pretty. It used to be a big railstop town but now most of the tracks are out of use and the station is all but abandoned. Just like most towns here in Chile. Monte Águila, Loncoche and now Renaico have all had big abandoned railway stations. Yeah the town is small, it's not as small as Monte Águila but it's just not very developed at all. Almost all of the roads are paved but there is no supermarket (even Monte had a supermarket of sorts!) and there is not an updated city map from the last ten years so it will be a little tougher orienting myself. And due to the lack of the supermarket, our diet is a little more limited but we have lunch with the members everyday so it's all good.
The house here in Renaico is even bigger than the Loncoche house I think. It's got a living room, kitchen, bathroom, garage, where we store the firewood, and four bedrooms. And it's just us too in the house so it's bigger than we could ever need. Oh and there are these members here in Renaico who just love the missionaries and are awesome. I met them my first night in Chile and they still remember me. They remembered that I was DeLeon´s kid, jaja. Anyways like a year or so ago they gave the missionaries bikes so here in this sector we have bikes!!! Jaja one of the two sectors of the whole mission with bikes. So that's cool but we still haven't really gotten to use them because my second day here my comp broke his so it's in the shop getting fixed. But it will be ready tomorrow and then we will be biking around this place like states missionaries. Well most states missionaries have cars now but you know what I mean.
Elder Arroyo is from Salta Argentina and he´s been a member of the church for almost two years now. He was baptized when I was getting ready to leave the MTC jaja weird. He´s a good guy and we get along but man is he a weird kid. He speaks really low and mumbles a lot. If I hadn´t been in the mission so long I wouldn´t understand a word he says. He´s also kind of clueless. He can get his way around the sector but doesn't know like half the members names so that's kind of a challenge but it's all good. And well..he's kind of femy.. well he´s really femy but that's ok I can deal with that; I have before. Despite all of that we get along and he's a humble guy so we shouldn't have really any problems.
I´m still getting to know the members and branch here in Renaico but from what it looks like it's really big. There were 82 people in church last week, which according to my comp is a record, and they say on average there are between 65 and 70. Sundays are kind of weird because my comp and I have to split up. This Sunday my comp went with a member to the branch in Tijeral and I stayed with a member here in Renaico. So it was weird knowing barely anyone at church and being kind of.. well.. alone but it went well. Two investigators went in Renaico and seven in Tijeral. I was expecting barely any to go in Tijeral but the branch president there has been working with his neighboors and this Sunday he brought the whole family of five to church with him. According to my comp they seemed to enjoy it and we are going to see if we can teach them with the branch president and his family this week.
Here in Renaico there are a ton of investigators but most of them are in situations where they are progressing very slowly. Actually most of them are kids who need permission from their parents to get baptized or we need for their families to get reactivated so they can get baptized. I still don't know all of them yet because we couldn't get a hold of all of them this week but man there are a ton!!! None of them are ready to go and all of them need a lot of work first but man there is a ton of potential here in this sector for Renaico and Tijeral. I don't know how we are going to efficiently get work done in both pueblos but we will make it happen. There are a lot of people that we can potentially baptize here before I leave so I am stoked to work and make it happen. It's not going to be easy by any means because a lot of them are tough investigators but I don´t let that bother me. We can do it.
Well that's all that I´ve got for this week. As I get to know the sector and branch I'll tell you more about it and as investigators start to progress out of our messy teaching pool I'll give you more details on them. This week we will be sifting out the investigators that we will be putting more of our focus on. It's going to be a good week. And I´ve been sicker than a dog ever since the Saturday before I left Los Ángeles. I'll give it a few more days and if nothing happens I'll get it checked out because I think that it might be a sinus infection. But I´ve been medicating myself well so I can keep working at 100 percent jaja so don't worry about me. Well until next week I love you guys very much and we´ll be seeing you soon! CHAO!!!!ç
con amor, Élder Harper (el campecino)
con amor, Élder Harper (el campecino)
No comments:
Post a Comment