ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

THE LORD IS SENDING ME TO CHILE SO I KNOW THAT I CAN LEARN SPANISH!!

Hola Mama y familia!

    Wow its weird that I've already been here for two weeks.  After that first weekend the time goes by so fast.  So My Spanish is finally getting a little better I think! I'm trying to sound hopeful because I'm a little rough on myself when it comes to learning Spanish but I know if I do my best to learn then the lord will help out with the rest.  For the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way that they might accomplish the thing which he has commanded them (1 nephi 3:7)  The Lord is sending me to Chile so I know that I can learn Spanish!!
    Our teachers are also really pushing us when it comes to the language so thats good.  I can make a very rough two to five minute street contact in spanish and our teacher out of the blue made us teach the first lesson to our companions in spanish.  Hahaha that was interesting but i think I kind of got my message across during my lesson.
   Also a couple of days ago I ran into Ben Chamberlin in the hall.  He teaches like five rooms down from my classroom and it was weird seeing someone I know from the outside world but it was really cool.  I hope I run into him again.  
    My favorite part about the MTC so far is the Tuesday Night Devotional and the Sunday night fireside.  It's very motivating and inspiring to hear powerful talks given by general authorities here at the MTC.  These are inspired men and are amazing.  I almost feel like they wrote they're talks to me personally because of how much I've needed to hear they're messages.
   Hahaha Izzie is really funny tell her I wish her the best of luck in raising money for a horse.  Thats really cool that Abbie and Baylor are going to that concert.  If I wasnt here I would be very jealous.  But I am so wrapped up in soaking in as much as I can here that stuff like that doesnt phase me too much :)  
    Well Even though its tough and stressful at times I'm enjoying myself here and I have a great companion and an awesome district.  Besides the 4 guys in our room going to concepcion south we have 5 other elders in out district going to Santiago North and they're pretty cool guys.  Well I've got to go but I love you all very much.  Adios!

                                                       Con abrazos y amor, Elder Harper

1 comment:

Aimee Molloy said...

love hearing how great he is doing. Can't wait to hear when he really feels confident in the language.