ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

RILEY'S FIRST LETTER HOME - YEAH!

Dear Family,
Hola!  It's about 9:30 pm after my first day in the MTC and we have about one hour until lights out. Basically, today was spent in meetings covering orientation stuff.  We met our companions and met our district and talked with our branch president and had a huge meeting with our MTC President.  Our zone leaders also took us on a tour of the campus. From what I've heard, for the rest of this week we are basically going to just be doing more orientation stuff and a little bit of beginning classroom instructions.  Also, what I've heard from everyone is that the first three days are overwhelming and hard and then you get into the groove of things.  Nick Hefler even told me that, when I briefly ran into him today haha.
 
Well overall I had a good first day and even though it feels a little weird right now there's no place else I'd rather  be than training to be a fit soldier in the holy and glorious army of the Lord.  This is the very best thing I can be doing right now and I'm so excited to learn and grow these next 9 weeks.  Yes, you heard me..not 8 weeks but 9.  But that just means more sharpening time on the wet stone of the Lord.  I need to get as sharp as I possibly can : ) Well I got to go.  A lot more to do before I go to bed.  But our P-days are on Wednesday so I'll write you again in a week.  Buenos Noches!      Love,  Elder Harper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for all the rest of the letters to come! we are so proud of him!

Aunt Katie said...

How wonderful Riley sounds! He is a brilliant and spiritual missionary. I am glad he is doing so well. I can't wait to read his next letter. We love you Riley!