FELIZCUMPLEAÑOS BAYLOR!!!!! Chuta loco te estai poniendo viejo! 16, I can´t believe it. Well it sounds like you had a lot of fun and a good time, and congratulations on your running bro! 4:29 compadre! You are quite the track stud aren't you, keep it up.
Well things here are going just fine and dandy. The week just went by way too fast, and now we will be starting the last week of the cambio and that will go by even faster because it always does. We will know our cambios on Saturday. I'm probably staying but you never know with cambios. President always throws a few curve balls in the cambios, but I really really hope I stay. I love this ward and we have some really good investigators so I will be praying that I stay while my comp will be praying that I go so he can stay jaja. I guess we will be seeing who has more faith by whose prayer gets answered =) jajaja but no really I do hope that I stay.
So this week started off a little slow with not really too much going but things started to pick up on Thursday. Thursday we did intercambios. Elder Bustos went to Yumbel to work with Elder Shore and Elder Ahart came here to work with me, just like old times. He´s doing pretty good, just a little discouraged because spanish is still pretty hard for him and he has only had gringo comps so far. But he' s not afraid to approach people or participate in lessons despite his lack of Spanish so he is coming along alright. The spanish will come.
Also the intercambio was very productive. We went to teach this investigator for the second time and it had been three weeks since we last contacted her so I was a little nervous that she cooled off but it turned out to be a good lesson. She is a very simple and humble lady and has a hard time remembering things but she has a desire to learn and the spirit was felt during the lesson so I decided to invite her to be baptized on the 7th of May (when the spirit is there, you gotta go all out. No regrets no fear!). She does want to be baptized and accepted the invitation but not for the seventh. She said it was too soon, plus she wasn't able to go to church this week due to a funeral service. But that's ok. We are going to help her and her husband out so that they can come unto Christ and be baptized in May still. Then we went and saw Ale and Dina and then visited the Cruces. I love the Cruces so much. They are great converts and sincerely want to dowhat's right and want to follow Christ. And their little two year old son Vicente just cracks me up; he's the coolest little kid I love him.
On Friday night we had a big ward activity, a ward dinner with drinks, salad, potatoes and steak, well carne a la olla, but its basically steak. Christopher and Paulina came, the Cruces came, and Ale and Dina came. All of our recent converts and our best investigators were also there, so we were very content little missionaries that night. We ate and then we watched as everyone sang karaoke and danced. There were like about a hundred members of the ward there and everyone had a blast. Ale and Dina love it and we had a good time as well joking around with everyone and watching the karaoke and dancing. We left early but later we heard that the bishop even got Ale (who is very shy) to sing some karaoke. So that was good.
Then on Saturday we had a ward missionary activity which was good but could have turned out better. But that's o.k. We have an awesome ward mission leader who is a recent convert of less
than a year and full of fire to work with us so we are going to get this ward used to these activities and with working with us slowly, a little bit at a time until we have almost everybody participating. On Sunday we had a pretty good turn out in church, Ale came (Dina had to work=( ) and three other new investigators that are really good that we found this week came so we are really stoked about that. We didn't find very many future investigators but the new ones that we did find are very good so we are content with this week's work. Ale and Dina will be getting baptized this Saturday the 23rd. The first missionary who found them about a year ago will be coming here to baptize them, Ale and Dina worship him. Actually he even went to their house to visit them with Elder Bustos after enrevistas with the President on Tuesday (he is an assistant so he was there) and he gave her a blessing and the spirit was felt really strong. He also had her write the experience down in her Book of Mormon so that when she begins to doubt or get scared she can read that experience and receive the strength she needs. That was inspired because last night at their house she was starting to doubt again and tell us how she doesn't think she is ready yet but I reminded her that she has already received her answer from God and bore testimony to her and helped give her the strength to step forward with faith, follow her answer, and be baptized. So through questions we basically helped her resolve her doubts and when I challenged her once again to be baptized on the 23rd the spirit was there and she accepted. Your right Dad, that article El Misionero que testifica y desafia (a testifying and challenging missionary) is an inspired article. I have it in spanish and it has helped me a lot throughout my mission Dad. Don't worry, I´ll be pushing all the way through the finish line.
I could tell you a few experiences that we had with the new investigators that we found but I'll tell you more about them next week, they are awesome though, different but awesome. Well I got to go now, I'm actually in Monte Águila right now and I'm going to go visit some people but I love you all very much and am so very grateful for your support, your prayers, and your letters and emails. I don't know where I would be without you guys.
con amor, Elder Harper =)
p.s. Thank you very much to the Activity days girls, the Tanners, Grandma and Papa, and you guys for the letters, goodies and treats that I've recieved from you. They were all greatly appreciated. Haha loved the Easter card mom, nice face bay.
I could tell you a few experiences that we had with the new investigators that we found but I'll tell you more about them next week, they are awesome though, different but awesome. Well I got to go now, I'm actually in Monte Águila right now and I'm going to go visit some people but I love you all very much and am so very grateful for your support, your prayers, and your letters and emails. I don't know where I would be without you guys.
con amor, Elder Harper =)
p.s. Thank you very much to the Activity days girls, the Tanners, Grandma and Papa, and you guys for the letters, goodies and treats that I've recieved from you. They were all greatly appreciated. Haha loved the Easter card mom, nice face bay.
No comments:
Post a Comment