It snowed in orange county in April?! Well, hail or snow, but still, that's pretty dang crazy. The first time that has happened in who knows how many years probably. So that's pretty cool. It sounds like you guys all had a fun filled spring break, awesome! Disneyland, beach, what more could you ask for? The weather here
can´t make up its mind whether it wants to turn to winter or hold on to summer. This week warmed up a lot and we had some pretty hot days like the middle of summer all over again. And now it's cloudy. Yeah, so it kind of just does its own thing but whatever. Whether it's rainy or sunny we are out there working so it's all good.
Well this week here in LA was pretty good. It had some ups and downs and some scares with some investigators but in the end it was all fine and the week ended well. It was actually pretty dang uneventful, especially for the first few days. On Thursday afternoon until the end of Friday morning I went to do an intercambio (divisions) with the missionaries in Galvarino so that was really cool to work the streets once again of Galvarino since over a year ago. I got to see a few members there. Unfortunately none of my converts were home, but thats ok. Since I'm so close I will have a chance to swing by and visit them another day. But it felt really good being back there. I liked that sector a lot and definitely did not appreciate it enough while I was there, but I was still a youngin in the mission and took some things for granted. Anyways it was a good intercambio.
Then Friday and Saturday went fairly well. We didn't really find too many new investigators this week and we couldn't get in touch with any of the ones that we have found within the passed few weeks but we got back in touch with some old investigators from last cambio and had some pretty good lessons with them so we were excited about that. We explained things to them clearly so now it's their decision if they are going to start progressing again and reading, praying and coming to church again. The spirit was definitely felt in the lessons with them so I think that they will take the right decision and start progressing again.
Ale and Dina are progressing along just great. They have a baptismal date for the 23rd of April and it seems like they are commited to it and are ready to come unto Christ. Their relationship with the ward members has improved a lot and they both came to church this Sunday! Dina finally fixed things so that she doesn't have to work on Sunday. In the chapel they were very well received. Everyone said hi to them and lots of people made sure to take some time to chat a little with them and befriend them. They weren't able to stay for the classes but they liked church a lot and said that they would be going to the classes next week. We also had a few other investigators in church but they aren't really progressing at all so I won't talk about them right now. But we plan on taking really good care of Ale and Dina this week and having family nights with them at the members houses to keep them going strong with their decision. So we are very excited about them and their progression.
The Cruces had to go to Santiago to take their little son to the doctor this weekend so they didn't make it to church but they are doing well and we are going to keep visiting them to help them stay strong. But they´re doing good; they´re a great family. Well that's about all for this week, nothing else really to say. Just two weeks left in this cambio and then only two cambios left. It's crazy how fast time flies by; I almost have 21 months in the mission!!!! AHHH!!!!! haha Well I love you all very much, have fun back at school kids and we will be hearing from eachother again next week. Until next Monday CIAO!!!!!!!!!!!
con amor, Elder Harper =)
No comments:
Post a Comment