Well family.. I think that I have a lot to write today about this past week so I guess that I'll just get going because it was a pretty eventful week. First off, I will talk about one of our investigators named Alvaro. Alvaro is the Dad of the former branch president (he was released yesterday) and was a former investigator of the other Elders but due to something that happened we took over. We have been teaching him now for the past six weeks and as of late he was progressing really slowly so the other Elders just decided to let us have him completely. Well Alvaro is 74 years old but has bad lungs from smoking and a very fragile and sick heart so around the house he uses a cane and outside he uses a walker. Lately he has been bad, like sicker than normal, and his family thinks that he only has a couple of months left. So on Thursday when we went to go visit him, we offered to give him a blessing of health and he agreed.
For me when I anoint and bless the sick, in my experience, I haven't really felt anything special but this time was different. I didn't really feel prompted to say anything specific but the words I spoke in the blessing for some reason had a lot of power and the whole room was just blasted with the spirit. He´s a pretty tough guy but he definitely started crying during the blessing, as did I a little bit. After the blessing, we ditched the plan for our lesson and I straight away identified the presence of the spirit in the room and when I asked if he felt it, he once again started crying and told me that he did. Then when we asked him if he would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized this Thursday the 13th, he said that he would. It's been announced in church, it's all planned out and if everything goes according to plan, he´s getting baptized this Thursday at 6pm chileno time! =). So we are very happy about that.
As for Neli, we are still teaching her, her husband, Juan, and her two daughters, Tamara and Valeria. They are good investigators and are reading sometimes and praying de repente (sometimes) and love our visits, but they still need to commit themselves more so they can get an answer if it'.s true or not. They are progressing. It's just a little slower than I would like but the whole family came to church this week. It was the first time that they were all there together. Also Patricio is chugging along, progressing as well and he finally came to church with his six year old son! yay! I just hope that his job keeps permitting him to come on Sunday. We have a few other investigators as well but those are our best so I will leave it at that for now. Oh by the way, I've' used the video ¨How Rare a Possession¨ like three times now. It's old but its a good one and the investigators have seemed to like it so far.
Anyways we had 7 investigators in church this Sunday and have a baptism this week so both me and Elder Ahart are stoked. It was a good week despite all of the trials we have been having. On Saturday morning our old dying piping system in the bathroom finally keeled over and died so since Saturday, we have no access to our shower, bathroom sink, and toilet. When we
need to go to the bathroom.. well, we have the keys to the chapel, which is a block and a half away. And to shower, we have just been using members houses jaja. It's going to be really expensive to replace the piping so we are now in the market for a new house! ugh! so sick of it. We lost two whole mornings of work last week waiting for a plumber who never showed and then waiting for him again the next morning and getting his evaluation. And now we are going to lose a lot more time next week looking for a new house and then with the long process of moving. sigh.. oh well what can ya do? Besides that minor hiccup, we have been doing great and have high hopes for Loncoche with the work and the branch since we now have a new branch presidency (thank goodness). Satan is working hard here and with us but the Lord is working even harder so that we can have success and so that his flock can grow here in Loncoche.
need to go to the bathroom.. well, we have the keys to the chapel, which is a block and a half away. And to shower, we have just been using members houses jaja. It's going to be really expensive to replace the piping so we are now in the market for a new house! ugh! so sick of it. We lost two whole mornings of work last week waiting for a plumber who never showed and then waiting for him again the next morning and getting his evaluation. And now we are going to lose a lot more time next week looking for a new house and then with the long process of moving. sigh.. oh well what can ya do? Besides that minor hiccup, we have been doing great and have high hopes for Loncoche with the work and the branch since we now have a new branch presidency (thank goodness). Satan is working hard here and with us but the Lord is working even harder so that we can have success and so that his flock can grow here in Loncoche.
Well, that's about it except our journey to the hill of doom today and our tour of the whole flippin campo surrounding Loncoche. Yeah, so there's this big hill that I've been wanting to climb since I've gotten here so we decided to do it today but there were a few things that went wrong. It was a lot farther away than we thought, there was no public road (private roads.. found that out the hard way.. but no public roads) that lead to it. When we finally started to climb, there was no road but just a bunch of bamboo, crazy thick
vegetation, and a nasty swamp. Yeah, we got lost in the swamp and when we finally got out we had to take this road through the campos and fields of cows that took a bunch of detours. We started the journey at ten this morning and trudged back into town tired, sun burned, covered in mud, and hungry at about 5 in the afternoon. Yeah it was a failure but still lots of fun..kind of.. at least I got good pictures out of it. Well that's all I got for this week but me and my comp are doing fine and are stoked to be serving the Lord here in Loncoche. I love you all very much and until next week ciao ciao.
su chileno preferido, Elder Harper =)
vegetation, and a nasty swamp. Yeah, we got lost in the swamp and when we finally got out we had to take this road through the campos and fields of cows that took a bunch of detours. We started the journey at ten this morning and trudged back into town tired, sun burned, covered in mud, and hungry at about 5 in the afternoon. Yeah it was a failure but still lots of fun..kind of.. at least I got good pictures out of it. Well that's all I got for this week but me and my comp are doing fine and are stoked to be serving the Lord here in Loncoche. I love you all very much and until next week ciao ciao.
su chileno preferido, Elder Harper =)
No comments:
Post a Comment