It sounds like you guys are all doing good back home but bummer that everyone was sick. My week.. well.. it wasn´t our best week, in fact it was pretty disappointing and set me off for a little bit but we are staying on our feet, taking the punches and just rollin with them. Man, sometimes it's easy to let yourself get discouraged and ask when it will be enough trials!! when will it end!!! But.. trials never end, you just got to learn how to bare them well and learn from them and always keep the good attitude. You decide whether the glass is half empty or half full. Anyways, I´ll talk a little more about my week. It started off just fine when on Monday night at like 9:30 pm the plumber proclaimed our bathroom functional, which was of course, awesome. No more showering in other people's bathrooms and emergency bathroom runs to the chapel at ll:30 at night. Then Tuesday was just a normal busy work day visiting investigators, contacts, and inactives.
Wednesday we had capacitations (i think that it might mean training) in Temuco which took the whole day and we got back at like 7:30 pm from that. Then that same night we did intercambios with the assistants which went pretty well but was very short. I wonder why they wanted to come all the way down to Loncoche. Anyways, also at the capacitations I saw Elder Calaway and he is doing much better. He´s like a new person, happy, excited to be here, and now he speaks spanish jaja. Yeah but after Wednesday everything fell apart. Opposition is hitting Neli and her family hard and the font.. well.. let's just say it's gunna take a miracle. That last bit was the hardest for me to take because although I would love to baptize in the river here, Alvaro´s health condition is too delicate to be baptized in cold water.
According to his family if he gets even a cold he may die. And we have to baptize him in a chair because he can't walk or stand very well. That guy is just ready and anxiously waiting to be baptized and there´s not much I can do about it. Ugh!!!!! But.. hope is not all lost, there are some few last ditch plans that might go through so he can be baptized this Saturday so keep praying hard for him and for Neli´s family. They are still good but have had opposition and now the only way they are getting baptized this Saturday is if they get a specific answer to their prayers, which they say hasn't come yet. So it's still possible that we can baptize them in the river this Saturday. It just all depends on them and their faith now. But I'm still sure that if it doesn't happen this Saturday, that they will still be getting baptized. That family will be baptized.. I can feel it.. I'm just praying that it can happen this Saturday.
Aside from that, we contacted Patricio for the first time in two weeks last night and have an appointment with him for tomorrow so.. we will see what we are working with there tomorrow. And that's about it for our best investigators. We found some new ones last week but we will see how they progress. Hmm.. what else?
Oh a sad but cool spiritual experience happened to us this last week. On Thursday while planning, I felt the need for us to go visit Hermana Pamela Bustos that day. It didn't make much sense because it was a full day and she lives very far but I felt the need to go over. Her husband had cheated on her and left her a couple months ago and so she was having a hard time but I thought she was getting better. She's the one we killed the lamb with. Anyways, we go all the way out to her house and find out from a family member that she is in the hospital. So we go by the hospital to visit her and found out from the Mom that she attempted suicide by swallowing a bottle of pills the night before and they noticed something wrong with her and rushed her to the hospital. So we gave her a priesthood blessing of fortaleza y consuelo (strength and comfort) and we notified the branch president and other ward members that she was in the hospital so they could go visit her. Long story short, our visit and blessing helped her a lot because now she is back on her feet, reading the scriptures, praying and she went to church this last week. She also got a restraining order against her ex husband and is getting help for her depression problems.
She is a mother of 4 children, all under the age of 18, so it would have just devastated that family if she would have died. But she realizes the selfishness and stupidity of what she did and understands how much she is loved now so she is on the rebound, which we are excited about. And she came back to church!! along with many other inactives this week. Usually we have an attendance of 30 to 40 in church but this Sunday some families who are way inactive came back and we had an attendance of 60 in church. So we are also excited about that. The Lord truly is preparing Loncoche for success to come. Well I guess it wasn´t that bad of a week after all jaja. Well, I'm just about out of time but I love you all and if I could give you advice it would be to always AWAYS do your best to recognize and respond to promptings of the spirit. Les quiero mucho!!! ciao ciao!!!
con amor, Elder Harper =)
con amor, Elder Harper =)
No comments:
Post a Comment