Hola Hola everybody!!!
Well It was great talking to you Mom and the rest of the fam yesterday. Although the connection was absolutely terrible and frustrating at times, I was still very grateful to be able to talk to you for a good while and wish you a happy Mother's Day. It sounds like you guys had a great Mother's Day and good job with the dinner Dad. It sounds like you have improved with your cooking since I´ve been gone haha.
Well I already told you a little bit about how my week went but not much since it was so hard for you guys to hear me so I´ll put a little bit of what went down here in the email but to be quite honest it was a pretty uneventful week. We unfortunately had to let go of investigators at the beginning of last week so we spent most of the week looking for new people to teach. Our animo was kind of up and down the whole week but in the end we found some new people that we are starting to teach that might have some promise. It seems like they have desire to learn and to get acquainted with the gospel and we have appointments with them this week so we will see how it all goes. The key is helping them to be able to feel the spirit. Because when they feel the spirit and feel the truth they are willing to step out of their comfort zone and change their lives to be born in Christ.
A lot of the time when people accept offers for us to come teach them they are just expecting us to come read the Bible a bit and speak pretty words about Christ and then after that, they can move on with their lives. So when they come to realize that we bring a message more important than that and that we are here to change everything that they once knew, they either shirk away and decide that they don't want to learn more or they rise to the challenge. I know I´ve mentioned this before, but it's tough sometimes weeding out the ones who are just going to sit and listen from the ones who are going to act and progress and accept the gospel. But I know that the Lord is preparing and has prepared people here in Monte Águila to accept His gospel. We just have to do our best to be the sharpest tools in the Lord's hands and constantly look for those that are prepared. It's hard to keep that perspective sometimes but it's all worth it in the end when you find that 1 person that's ready to change.
Irma is going to be baptized this Saturday the fifteenth and if all goes well Pablo will be baptized the week after on the 22nd, the last weekend before cambios. So in short I´m pretty stoked that if I leave in two weeks, I´ll at least be here to see some of the fruits of my work here in Monte. Well that's all I got for you guys this week haha. It really was an uneventful week but with the baptism and everything I'm sure I´ll have more to say next week. Once again I´m so grateful that I was able to talk to you guys yesterday. Thank you for all of your love and support and thank you for all that you do for me. I love you all and I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. That's why I´m here. To make you all proud, To fulfill my self expectations and more importantly to make my Father in Heaven proud and to help him bring to pass his work and his Glory. There is nothing better than building the Kingdom.
Les quiero Chau!!!!!!
Élder Harper :)
p.s. thank you for the poem Austin I loved it haha. You´ve got some mad rhyming skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment