ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

OH HOW LUCKY I AM TO BE A MISSIONARY. I LOVE MY SAVIOR, I LOVE THIS GOSPEL AND I LOVE THIS WORK...

Querida familia,

Kiu kiu (a very chileno way to say hola). How's it all going? It sounds like everything's going normal but good as usual back at home with the kids and their sports and social lives. And thanks for making me daydream for a few minutes about the waves Dad jaja. I do miss the ocean but that's ok. The baptismal font is better :). Well my week was very hectic once again but it had a happy ending this week jaja.


We finally got our calefont (water heater) installed on Thursday! The guy told us it was only going to take up the morning hours and Thursday is weekly planning in the house anyways so we thought it was going to work out perfectly. In the end he ended up taking the whole day Thursday and half of Friday due to complications. So we lost a lot of valuable work time this last week. So when we were actually out in the street we were working our tails off talking to everybody and visiting and taking care of all of our investigators that we have. I was really nervous but in the end of the week our work, with fasting and praying and a lot of help from the Lord, paid off. We were able to bring four investigators to church including Irma!


Yes Irma´s, husband has finally returned from the campo and now all she needs is a baptismal interview to get baptized! We are going to see tomorrow if she can still get baptized this Saturday on the eighth but their are some obstacles to that so if that doesn't work out, she will at least get baptized on the fifteenth for sure :). She knows the church is true and she is ready so I am very excited for her to be able to finally get baptized. Also Pablo (the joven we found and brought to church last week) came to church again and is progressing. He is reading the Book of Mormon and praying and I think he´s close to baptism. He likes the church a lot and feels good but he has a lot of questions and his own ideas about religion. But we have a cita with him on Wednesday and we are going to try to put a baptismal fecha with him on Wednesday. The other two investigators that came are progressing a little more slowly so as they progress I´ll let you know a little more about them. We unfortunately also had to let go of some investigators yesterday because they were degressing rather than progressing and didn't come to church. It really hurts me to do it but some people just aren't ready to take upon them the name of Christ and discipleship just yet.


As far as our companionship is going, it's improving a lot. It's not perfect and we still have a ways to go but we are improving and are teaching and working more and more in unity with every day so I´m not too worried about that. Oh and also even though it was terrible that we lost a lot of working time it did give me a lot of time to study and I learned a lot the day and a half that we couldn't work. So I´m thankful for the opportunity I had to learn and broaden my understanding a little of the Great Plan of Salvation that our Father has for us and of the grand divine potential that each one of us, his children, has. I just love the gospel and am so grateful that I´m part of his true church and of his great work as a missionary here on the Earth. Oh how lucky I am to be a missionary. It´s daunting sometimes to try to live up to the calling but I know that He is helping me with each step become the missionary and man that He wants me to be. Not through my will but through His. I love my Savior, I love this Gospel, and I love this work... and of course I love all you guys :). Chao!!!

Con amor, Élder Harper :)


HELLO HELLO FIZZIE IZZIE!!!!!!


It is great to here from you as always and I hadn´t heard too much about the life of THE Iz for a while so it was good to get your email. Well it sounds like even though you are scraping up your face and have a vampire tooth that needs to be removed, you are still having a good time so that is good. Good job in Lacrosse I hear that your tearing it up and have ten goals. You better still be playing when I get back so I can go to your games.


Well Chile is going pretty good. The weather can't make up its mind whether it wants to be warm or cold. Right now it's warm and it's been warm for a few days but who knows about tomorrow. We got cussed out by a drunk guy last night but that's nothing new. The sad part is now I understand most of the cuss words. Oh and when we were fasting Saturday night we went to a members house and they were celebrating their son's Engineering Degree with a huge asado (barbecue) Monte Águila is poor so we never have asado but we were fasting so we just had to sit there and enjoy the aroma and stay strong. Maybe that's why God blessed us with investigators in Church on Sunday haha. Well I got to go Iz a biz but take it easy and don't worry about not reading all of the emails. It's all good and I know that you read when you can. Well I got to go. CHAO!!! Oh and if you read this mom im going to call home in like an hour to plan for Mother's Day.


Con amor, Élder Harper :)



No comments: