Que pasa? Well I had just finished a nice long email that took me a good 45 minutes or so to write and when I tried to send it, the internet decided to shut down on me and the email was lost. So now I have like no time left to write but I'll try to give a brief overview of what I wrote in my last email.
Well first off my compañero nuevo de Columbia is pretty cool. He has the highest squeakiest voice I've ever heard come from a male in my entire life, but he's awesome. I thought his voice was going to bug me after a while but now I've gotten used to it. Well this last week was a sanctification week when the president tells us to make 200 contacts rather than the usual goal of 140. We completed the goal with almost all of them long good contacts. I thought that E' Terrazas and I worked hard but now I realize that we could have worked harder.
Last week we left it all out there. We came home every night exhausted and I absolutely loved it. I've learned that if you're ever feeling a little down, discouraged, or disanimo'd or just plain tired that the secret is to just work harder and give it more. The harder you work the better you feel. And you see the blessings from it. We are now teaching a few families and 3 people out of a family of five (all over age 16) came to church with us. The mom and one of the other kids were voting (yesterday was elections) but they plan on all going to church together next week. Also a friend of one of the eighteen year old kids in the ward has been going to church and wants to be baptized. We are going to teach her and her family this next week. We have a lot of other investigators as well but right now I really don't have much more time to write.
But our goal is to have a white Christmas, dressed in baptismal clothes :) and it looks like we might be able to make that goal. Well there was a lot more that I wrote in the other email but I'm now out of time. We have a cita pretty soon here and have to go. But I'm really excited about this cambio and I can already tell its going to be the best most hard working, and hopefully most successful cambio yet. Chile seems pretty sleepy and not too excited about christmas but I'm doing my best to keep the spirit up and to make everyone else feel it as well. Well I love you all and until next week chou!
Con el espiritu de navidad, Élder Harper :)
p.s. I bought a new camera but because of the whole losing the email thing I now have no time to burn a cd of pictures so I'll send them home next week. Oh and if you could put like 120 dollars or so on my card mom that would be good because I'm now out of money hahaha thanks.
p.s.p.s. Thats awesome that you got to be with all the Harpers for Grandpa's birthday. Sounds like it was a fun family bonding experience. Send me a picture from it! Oh and sorry everyone, I dont have any time to email anyone else this week. Stupid chileno internet connection.
Con el espiritu de navidad, Élder Harper :)
p.s. I bought a new camera but because of the whole losing the email thing I now have no time to burn a cd of pictures so I'll send them home next week. Oh and if you could put like 120 dollars or so on my card mom that would be good because I'm now out of money hahaha thanks.
p.s.p.s. Thats awesome that you got to be with all the Harpers for Grandpa's birthday. Sounds like it was a fun family bonding experience. Send me a picture from it! Oh and sorry everyone, I dont have any time to email anyone else this week. Stupid chileno internet connection.
No comments:
Post a Comment