Well Christmas is over but it was a good one here in Chile. Very different but good nonetheless. My favorite part though would definitely have to be talking to you guys though. It was awesome hearing the whole family and just hearing your voices and talking to you guys on Christmas day. My favorite Christmas gift by far :) even though I did love and thoroughly enjoy all of the Christmas gifts in my package and thank you very much for them. My companion and I are enjoying our dulces and I've already used the laminated visual aids you've made me a bunch of times. Oh and everyone in the house is jealous of the pijamas haha. Well on the phone it sounded like all of you guys are doing great and that you had a wonderful Christmas.
| Christmas - Familia Gutierrez (Galvarino) |
Then Christmas day we had a zone activity where we watched a movie and ate, and then after I talked to the fam, and after that we went and visited an hermana viejita in the ward to keep her company and take once because she was alone on Christmas day and feeling sad. But fortunately we were able to cheer her up abit :)
As far as the work goes it's tough and we are loosing good investigators left and right but we still have a few good ones that whent to church yesterday and still want to be baptized. So we didn't get our white Christmas but we have a few baptisms coming up in a few weeks here. Two of them are a brother and sister (Cecilia age 17 and Juan age 15) and they are great. They are now friends with most of the jovenes in the ward and Juan wants to get baptized as soon as he can and even talks about wanting to serve a mission in the future. Cecilia is moving a little slower than her brother but she is progressing as well and I think she'll catch up to her brother pretty soon here. The familia Godoy which was great just got into the fruteria business and now they have to go work in the campo Sunday mornings so its looking like they wont be able to continue to progress which is sad but it happens. We have some other good ones too but none of them came to church yesterday so today and tomorrow my companion and I have to make some rounds to see what happened. Besides that we're just knocking doors and trying to find new people.
As far as the work goes it's tough and we are loosing good investigators left and right but we still have a few good ones that whent to church yesterday and still want to be baptized. So we didn't get our white Christmas but we have a few baptisms coming up in a few weeks here. Two of them are a brother and sister (Cecilia age 17 and Juan age 15) and they are great. They are now friends with most of the jovenes in the ward and Juan wants to get baptized as soon as he can and even talks about wanting to serve a mission in the future. Cecilia is moving a little slower than her brother but she is progressing as well and I think she'll catch up to her brother pretty soon here. The familia Godoy which was great just got into the fruteria business and now they have to go work in the campo Sunday mornings so its looking like they wont be able to continue to progress which is sad but it happens. We have some other good ones too but none of them came to church yesterday so today and tomorrow my companion and I have to make some rounds to see what happened. Besides that we're just knocking doors and trying to find new people.
This weekend is going to be tough though because el año nuevo is bigger than Christmas is here and there where alot of drunks out on Christmas which means Friday will be terrible. Oh and that brings up another story before I let you all go. So my back pack had a little rip in it before Christmas but it was'nt really that big of a deal. But going back to the house on Christmas day we ran into a group of drunk flaites. They all started asking for money and as usual I ignored them. One of them didnt like that so much and as I passed grabbed my backpack. I kind of just tried to shove him off without angering him further but it turned out unnessary because his friends told him to lay off. All in all the situation wasn't a big deal except that the little punk made the little rip in my back pack alot bigger. Which means I either A. have to give it a try with a needle and thread, B. ask an hermana to help me fix it, or B. Buy a new one. I think the most promising option looks like B. so I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes haha.
Well that's all I've got today but I hope that all of you guys are having fun up in Arizona with the viejito mañoso and grandma oh and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GRANDMA AND PAPA!!! Love you all very much and until next week chou y prospero año nuevo!!
con mucho amor, Élder Harper :)
p.s. Una nota para todos que hablan español y leen mis emails. Mi Padre grabó una parte de la conversación que tuvi con ellos en el dia de la navidad y me pidió para dar mi testimonio en español durante la grabación. Pero yo estaba muy emocionado y estaba un poco nervioso también entonces yo quiero advertirles que el castellano en el tesimonio es muy fome. Como bien bien malo y chanta. Y ahora yo tengo vergüenza porque yo creo que el va a poner la grabación en el blog. Entonces perdonen el español y les prometo que en realidad es mejor que el ejemplo en la grabación. Y eso es todo. Ya, listo, chou!
Well that's all I've got today but I hope that all of you guys are having fun up in Arizona with the viejito mañoso and grandma oh and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GRANDMA AND PAPA!!! Love you all very much and until next week chou y prospero año nuevo!!
con mucho amor, Élder Harper :)
p.s. Una nota para todos que hablan español y leen mis emails. Mi Padre grabó una parte de la conversación que tuvi con ellos en el dia de la navidad y me pidió para dar mi testimonio en español durante la grabación. Pero yo estaba muy emocionado y estaba un poco nervioso también entonces yo quiero advertirles que el castellano en el tesimonio es muy fome. Como bien bien malo y chanta. Y ahora yo tengo vergüenza porque yo creo que el va a poner la grabación en el blog. Entonces perdonen el español y les prometo que en realidad es mejor que el ejemplo en la grabación. Y eso es todo. Ya, listo, chou!
No comments:
Post a Comment