muchas holas mi querida familia y amigos!
Well, this last week flew by. It seems like I was just writing home yesterday. But don't worry, I still have plenty to write :). Let's see here.... what happened this week...? We did divisiones y intercambios a lot (splits and divisions with the priesthood in our ward and other missionaries). Tuesday I went to work in the pueblo Laja, an hour away, with mi hermano Élder Moreno. He's my hermano because he was trained by Élder De Leon as well. So it was good working in a different area and seeing another missionary's style. We ran into a Pastor Evangelico that day and I pretty much had to drag Élder Moreno away from that contact because I hate bible bashing, even when you make your point, it gets you absolutely nowhere because bible bashers are too stubborn and hard to see change.
Wednesday we did divisiones with the Presbiteros (priests) of the ward and I went with one of them by myself to teach a lesson to Nelson, who´s baptismal date is this next Sunday. I was really nervous to go by myself to teach a lesson. Unfortunately, the kid didn't help me out at all during the lesson, but fortunately the gift of tounges is real, jaja. My spanish was still a little rough but I was able to teach the lesson by myself and answer/resolve all of Nelson´s questions and doubts. It was crazy how much more I could understand and speak than normal, and then a few hours later, after the appointment, my spanish was back to normal.
Heavenly father gives us the words we need when we need them, then after that, we are back to normal. But experiences like those are very spiritual and testimony building. I mean, I wasn't speaking fluently but I know that I definitely received help. I still need to work on being confident and having more faith. I´m fine with talking during lessons and putting my bit in during contacts but when it comes to starting my own contacts and talking to everyone in the calle (street), I´m still pretty timid. So one of my goals is to break that this cambio. It's crazy that this cambio is half way over but I still got three weeks and hopefully another cambio here with Élder Terrazas. He´s a great guy and I enjoy being his companion. Of course he gets on my nerves every now and then but overall we get along well.
Another really cool experience we had this week was from a reference that E´Rodriquez y Kamalu gave us. References usually aren't very good so we didn't exactly have high hopes. It turned out that we were wrong. The reference was an innactive member from Uruguay whose really buena onda but is a chain smoker and doesn't want to go back to church. But, her twin 13 year old boys were stoked to hear about the gospel and asked us to take them to church with us on Sunday. They asked us!! They loved church and made instant friends with a few members of the deacons quorum and they both want to get baptized. But unfortunately, they leave on the 23rd for Uruguay and they don't get back until the beginning of January so we won't be able to baptize them this cambio. Hopefully though, we will both still be here next cambio and will be able to baptize them then. They are both pure gold. We didn't have to do anything, just find them. After church they thanked us for bringing them and for showing them the church. It was awesome and very spiritual; you can just feel the spirit radiating from them. It's too bad they have to leave. But igual, I´m sure I´ll still be here when they get back :).
In other news about the work, we are baptizing Nelson next week. Then viejito Victor the week after and hopefully Marcella the week after that. And Alex baptized Keka in Pitrufquén last week. So it's going well but we are making goals to work harder and do better. We are praying to find a family so we will be looking hard for one this next week.
Well, there's probably more to say but I really can´t think of anything more. The days and weeks start to blend together after a while. As far as Spanish goes, I have my good days and bad days. Sometimes I feel like I can decently hold a conversation and other times it feels like I can't understand or speak a word. Im still rough on myself about it but I´m working on having more confidence and faith and I know my Heavenly Father is helping me out with that as well. Well before I go, don't worry Mom, I´ll do everything you asked me to do and send it all in the mail next P-day :). Well as always, I love you all and am eternally gratefull for your love and support. I couldn't ask for a better family. Until next week CHAU!
Con amor, Élder Harper :)
p.s. Elder Terrazas manda salud y holas para ustedes
p.s.p.s. yo se ahora que Ecco es mucho mejor que Coronado Bro. Baker. Yo he visto la luz que es Ecco. Y también muchas gracias por su emails que usted me envio de animo. Estoy agradecido su animo y fe en mi, entonces le mando gracias. Oh también portase bien! Chau :)
No comments:
Post a Comment