ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I CAN’T WAIT TO GET OUT THERE AND SHOW THE LORD WHAT I’M WILLING TO GIVE

Here is Riley's last letter from the MTC. You can send Dear Elders to the MTC through Friday, 11:00 am of this week if you want him to receive before he leaves for Chile. Otherwise, please start sending Dear Elders to Chile Concepcion South Mission. They will be printed up and sent through the church's pouch service. It probably will take 2 to 3 weeks for him to receive, depending on where he is geographically in the mission since all mail and packages have to go through the mission office first. You can also just write and mail a letter the traditional way to the mission office in Chile for .98 US Postage. I have updated the addresses on the right. Here's Riley's letter.


Muchas Holas familia y amigos!

To start off yes I did get the overshoes and the Memorykick. That little gadget is something else, it is really cool and will come very much in handy these next 22 months. I will take good care of it :) And thank you very much for the video! It was great! Even though someone in my district did tell me that it was against the rules to receive videos from home :/ I don't see why it wouldn't be aloud but I will look more into it. I did very much enjoy it though so thank you very much!
Well everything here is going well except one thing... I'm as sick as a dog!!! There has been a bad bug going around my district for the last month or so but I thought I had dodged it cuz its petering out. But of course yesterday I started feeling it and today it hit me full force fever, aches, and all! :( Aren't I lucky. So during our "free" time to write letters I was advised to sleep instead and I want to get better so I took that advice. I still got a few letters done but for those out there who wrote me, if I'm slow to respond that's why, but don't worry I will respond :) And one more thing concerning mail, those of you who have written me from BYU, I just realized today that in the address the random number tacked on the end in the Dear Elders is an apartment number. I think I put it in in your letters but in a really random spot. So if you haven't received a response from me all my BYU buddies that's why. So just shoot me a letter or Dear Elder if you didn't get a response, or if you did, either way works :).


Well enough about that. Last Friday we got our flight plans! and our whole district is very stoked to leave in five days on the 14th. So anyways here is my itinerary. Our first flight takes off from Salt Lake Monday and 9:43 A.M. It then lands in LA and 10:37 a.m. where we have about a three hour layover :/. Our next flight takes off from LA at 1:20 p.m. and we arrive in Santiago at 5:25 a.m. We then have a two and a half hour layover in Santiago and we catch a flight to Concepción at 8:00 a.m. and finally we land in Concepción Chile at 9:10 a.m. Tuesday morning. Yep almost 24 hours of travel time. ugh.


But anyways I am very excited and very nervous to leave (mostly excited I think) and I cant wait to talk to you guys in the airport! I haven't really looked to much at the calling thingy you gave me but I'm sure that I'll be able to figure it out. I think that the best time to call will be during my 4 hour layover in LA. shoot me a Dear Elder though to let me know what the best time to call would be with that schedule I gave you.


Well besides being sick my spirits have not been dampened and I cant wait to get out there and show the Lord what I'm willing to give and what I'm willing to do in his service. Well I have an appointment in the Teaching Evaluation Center to teach the second lesson, the law of tithing, and share a personal scripture and experience in Spanish with Élder Vincent. And I´m about out of time on my email so I just wanna let you know that I love you all and if your sending me hard mail instead of dear elders start directing them to my Chile address instead of my MTC address now. Until next time chou chou. Oh and fam tell me how your first week of school went :)


con amor, Elder Harper


1 comment:

Meesh said...

Susan, I am so glad you are enjoying it! Thanks for your comment : )