ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I KNOW IT'S THE SPIRIT AND TESTIMONY THAT CONVERTS PEOPLE

Hola mi familia y amigos!

Well as usual for starters I will answer the questions. No I have not gotten the over shoes yet which is weird, I hope they weren't lost. But I did get the package with the waterproof socks, and the sleeping bag, and the candy and the 8,000 pairs of other dress socks. Thank you very much the sleeping bag and seel socks look legit if I do say so myself. I will be very careful not to loose them, and thank you for the candy and the fudge Izzie it was very tasty. Well after eating two to three plates a meal, except for breakfast cuz breakfast is gross, I now weigh a whopping 140.9 pounds hahaha. I thought I would have gained a lot more than that seeing that I eat myself sick everyday but its all good.


Well I'm excited to get the hard drive thing. It sounds like it will be extremely useful. It's crazy that I only have a week and a half left. I was really stressing out alot about spanish before but after praying about it for weeks I finally recieved comfort in a really spiritual experience that I had on Monday. It was definitely the strongest I've felt the spirit here in the M.T.C. It would take way too long to explain it but I will say that even though I'm still struggling along with spanish, I know its the spirit and testimony that converts people. Not eloquent speech. And I do have a testimony. So even though I'm still worried I know that the Lord will help me and that I can still help people come unto Christ even though I can't communicate with them very well.


Anyways Elder Vincent and I get our first new district tonight that we have to orientate and explain what goes down here at the M.T.C we have like an hour with them tonight and an hour and a half with them tomorrow night. We have to do things like show them an example of a "perfect" residence room, a.k.a elder vincent and I need to transform our room into the perfect room hahaha. Then we have to demonstrate for them "perfect" examples of personal planning, companionship planning, and how to study. Yeah so thats alot of responsibility and our companionship is far from perfect but hopefully we'll do alright :) and then we have to take them on a tour and stuff and tell them all the rules. and their are alot of rules. So hopefully we wont corrupt this new district too much haha.
Well we should be getting our flight plans tomorrow so I'm really excited for that, the time really does fly here. Well I'm about out of time but we get to talk in a week and a half! take care everyone les amo mucho!

con mucho amor, Elder Harper :)

P.S. thank you everyone for all the goodies and treats I've been getting from you! If you havent gotten a thank you from me yet then you will soon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much the missionaries learn in the MTC. Much more than the language, that's for sure. Riley's humble attitude makes him the perfect student. I love reading his letters!

Pam