Well I'm glad to know that all is well up in the OCS sounds like the kids are doing just fine and are set for a good spring break. Here things are going very well, not perfect, but when are they ever? Yeah, so I'll just get right into my week then.
The week started with a nasty cold jaja. I'm still coughing but thankfully not as much now. Yeah, so that was kind of a bummer, especially since it rained a few days as well but it's not a big deal. I just popped in ibuprophen and worked like normal. Summer is definitely over and the weather is starting to cool way down here. During the day it's not so bad but it's started to rain a little and the nights and especially the mornings are starting to get pretty dang cold. The sleeping bag you sent in the MTC saved the mission Mom, as did the over shoes, you truly are a hero =).
This week we didn't really find any potentially good new investigators but we are starting to do a better job of helping the investigators that we do have progress and we are really excited about them. The familia Cruces are just awesome. Jose, Madelin and their two kids, Elias and Vicente, are coming along just fine. Elias already got baptized like 2 and a half months ago and Vicente will be turning three next month and Jose and Madelin are finally getting baptized!!!!! Yay!!!!!! It's been tough for Jose to just take a step of faith because he is really indicisive. He has known that he wants to get baptized for months but he just couldn't decide when to do it, but we have been helping him out a lot more and teaching him every other day. I just love teaching them because they understand and absorb everything and it just makes every lesson with them an awesome spiritual experience. I really feel it strong there every time I go and they are starting to get good at recognizing it, which is even more exciting. Madelin is set and ready and has really helped for Jose to finally make the decision.
They decided that they are going to do it this week and we have a family night with them and the ward mission leader and his family tonight so tonight we are going to pick the day and plan the whole service. Yeah, so we are stoked about that. I love that family a lot and am grateful that God put me here in this sector and at this time to have the privilege of working with them and serving them. So the specific date isn't picked out but it looks like we are going to baptize them on Friday and then just confirm them right away (with our bishop's permission of course).
Ale and Dina are also doing just great. We are going by their house more often to teach them as well and it has really paid off. We had a few good lessons with them and then on Friday we went to their place with Christopher (the recent convert) and his fiancee Paulina (they are getting married now in April), to teach them. We barely even taught, for most of the time Paulina and Cristopher just talked about their conversion experiences and it was awesome. New converts really just have this fire that us long time members don't. Christopher openly shared his experience with converting and quitting a smoking addiction and testified to them of how the gospel has blessed his life and the relationship with his fiancee so far. It really helped them out a lot and they even accepted a baptismal fecha for the 16th of April! On Sunday Dina had to work but Ale finally came and loved church!!! It really showed that he's serious about completing his goal to get baptized on the 16th. And now Dina is going to change her free day from Monday to Sunday so next week they both should be coming. They are very poor and very humble and it's awesome working with them. I love working with humble people. They definitely learn the easiest and it's also a lot easier to feel the spirit with them and to help them recognize the influences of the spirit in their lives.
Also we have been working with this inactive family for a while and they finally came back to church this week for the first time since I've been here so we were also pretty stoked about that. We were very blessed this week. Things with my companion are going just fine. We have are disagreements every once in a while and don't see eye to eye on everything but he is a hard worker and the most focused missionary I have ever met. He won't even talk about home. 99 percent of our conversation is on the zone, or the ward, or the mission, or our investigators. So that is good, especially since 'Im so close to finishing. Too close. The zone had a better week this week as well so everything is all good.
I had a lot of good spiritual experiences this week but I would have to say the most spiritual experience I had this week was kneeling in a circle in prayer with the familia Cruces before leaving their house. Seeing their two kids kneel, fold their arms, bow their heads and then hearing the Patriarch of the family offer a sincere, heartfelt, humble prayer. Knowing that 4 months ago they didn't even believe in God and then to that... it's hard to explain in words but man it brought me to tears. Even the three year old is just so excited to hold a Book of Mormon in his hands as we study and so excited to pray. He even makes us kneel to pray to bless the food jaja. I could go on forever about that family but that's enough for today.
Well that's all I got for this week. This cambio is looking to be a good one. Keep praying for the Cruces and Ale and Dina everybody. Prayer is powerful and yours definitely help. I love you all and enjoy your last week before spring break. CIAO!!!!!
con amor, Elder Harper =)
con amor, Elder Harper =)
No comments:
Post a Comment