Hello Hello familia y amigos!!!
Well Well Well what can I say for this week? As far as the work went in our sector this week.. it was alright I guess.. nothing too exciting. BUT some interesting events did happen this week so I guess that I'll just go into that right away then.
Well Well Well what can I say for this week? As far as the work went in our sector this week.. it was alright I guess.. nothing too exciting. BUT some interesting events did happen this week so I guess that I'll just go into that right away then.
On Tuesday we had interviews with President Swenson and the Hermana Swenson. That was cool and it is always a pleasure to talk to President and the Hermana. After interviews I went back with Elder Villegas (yeah my old comp from Sta Juana is in Monte) to Monte Águila to work with him for the day because they are kind of having a hard time with their investigators there. We got there really late because of the interviews but it was good to work with him for a few hours back in my old sector. I just love it there: the people, the streets, the members, the converts. I have yet to find a more humble people here in the mission than Monte. All of their citas with investigators fell through so we did a lot of time just talking to people in the streets and doing contacts and I also got to visit a few converts for a few minutes. They were kind of upset that I could only stay for like ten minutes so I told them I would make that trip up on a pday to spend a little more time with them. But still it was awesome to see them, to see my converts who are pressing forward strongly, and to give a word of encouragement to those who are struggling. I did get a little bit of sad news though.
It turns out that my convert, Irma had moved out to the campo, which I already knew, but I also found out that a couple months ago out of the blue she got really sick and within a month passed away. She was an awesome lady and not even that old so that was some tough news to hear but it must have been her time. Anyways I plan on getting her dats now from the church in Cabrero to do the ordinances in the temple that she was not able to complete here on earth. Sigh.. so that was pretty crazy to find out about Irma but what can you do? I'm just grateful that she was able to get to know the gospel and be baptized before she got sick and passed away. On a brighter note, Raquel is thinking about going on a mission and is working a lot with the missionaries there so I am stoked about that! I'm just encouraging the missionaries there to do everything they can to help her go. Yeah but tha'ts enough about Monte.
We found some potentially good investigators this week but now this week is the last week of summer break so everybody is running around and busy and on vacation and stuff so I will be very happy when that ends this next week. Due to that we only had one investigator in the chapel on Sunday but next week we should have a lot more.
Now I don''t know if Ive told you this, but the ward here, Villa Obispo, is awesome. The members are awesome, there are a ton of returned missionaries and just good members willing and eager to help us out, and we have the best bishop in any ward within our mission boundaries. I know I mentioned that earlier and you may have not believed me but I was proved right this week. As of yesterday we found out that our bishop, Bishop Osvaldo Martinez, is to be the new President of Misión Chile Concepción Sur as of the first of July!!!! It's in the church news and everthing now so we are STOKED about that and to have the privilege of working closely here in this ward with the future President of the Misión celestial. Yeah crazy that he has been called to serve in the mission where he lives but we are very excited. He's trying to keep it own the downlo here in the ward as long as possible and the other missionaries don't know yet but 'Im sure they will very soon now.
Well, to be quite honest that's really all I got for this week jaja. Oh and before I go I did relearn something important this week. That is to never be afraid to proclaim the restoration. To never flinch and to always be bold in testifying of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. An instrument in his hands to restore the fulness of the Gospel and the true church. It's the truth so why shrink away from sharing it and from testifying of it with power and boldness. And that goes for members as well as missionaries. Just a thought. Well I love you all very much and I hope that you have a wonderful week. Until next Monday Ciao Ciao!!!!!!
Elder Riley Harper =)
1 comment:
That is sweet that Riley has a picture with cute little Irma. So sad that she passed away, but very touching that he's going to do her temple work for her. That is being a true missionary!!
Post a Comment