ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I AM DETERMINED TO LEAVE MY MARK ON THIS PLACE AND LEAVE IT BETTER THAN I FOUND IT.

Muchas Holas a todos!!!

Well sorry I'm emailing so late, we had a capacitation in Talcahuano today for all of the district and zone leaders here in the north so I didn't have p-day and we just got back to Santa Juana a little bit ago. Wow I can't believe you guys are on your last week of summer, one more week and Abbie is a senior, Baylor a sophomore, and Izzie a 7th grader. Everybody is growing up too fast.

Well let's see what can I tell you guys about this week? In some ways it was better and in others just the same. It was better in that I finally got over that stupid flu and was back to working like normal all last week. Also we worked hard last week so that felt good, but I think we could have worked harder and more efficiently because we didn't really see any results. Anyways Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty uneventful, just lots of contacting and working but we didn't really find anyone. On Thursday we had interviews which went well. We were capacitated once again on the new principles that are being implemented in the missionary field world wide and did a lot of practices. Then during the interviews I got to talk to both President and the hermana Swenson and it went well, but nothing really more too say about that rather than it was just good to talk to them.

We left the interviews all pumped up to get back to our sector to hit the streets working again and we did exactly that but with little success. Also we did a lot of contacts out in the rain on Friday but nobody wanted to let us in. Everyone just told us to go home and that we were crazy for going knocking door to door in the rain but it didn't really bother us too much. All the rejections aren't important. We are just looking for those that the Lord has prepared here to hear us. We found a few mas o menos people throughout the week and we were supposed to have a few in the chapel on Sunday but we ended up with a big zero in the capilla Sunday morning.

As far as how the investigators that you know about are doing, Yeseñas Dad is still in the hospital and we´ve tried to get a hold of her but she´s still missing in action. I'm not going to say that she's dead just yet until we have the chance to talk to her again but it looks like she´s heading in that direction. We also weren't able to get a hold of Laura and John once again because they were in Conce the whole week and the weekend but we have a set appointment to visit them this Tuesday and I still have faith that they are good. It just seems like Satan has been putting a lot of obstacles in their life to keep them from progressing in the gospel. But we are going to pray big time for them this week and fast for them as well I think. It's really hard seeing all of these good investigators slipping out of our grasp and not being able to do about it but we are just going to do all we can, keep working hard and putting our trust in the Lord.

The only good thing that came out of last week is that we found some kids by accident in the street that were baptized about a year ago and weve been talking with them and helping them and their non member friends out with their English homework last week and we got one of them to go back to church with us this week. Now he is excited to be coming back and is going to try to get all of his buddies to come with him this coming Sunday so we will see how it goes. Well I'm sorry that this email was really boring but last week just really wasn't all that great. But I'm not sick anymore so this next week we are just going to work work work and work to break through this brick wall that seems to be thrown up in front of us. we are also trying to visit the innactive members a lot so we can get this branch back up on its feet because right now Santa Juana can't get too much lower. Well it was a tough week but I'm not going to let it get to me. I still have at least a month left here in Santa Juana and I am determined to leave my mark on this place and leave it better than I found it. I know there are more lessons to be learned here and I have got a good comp and we get along great so we are going to make the best out of these last four weeks the we have left of the cambio. Well I love you guys, I love the Lord, I love the Chilenos and I love my mission. Ill try to have a better email for you guys next week. Chao!!!

con mucho amor, Élder Harper =)

No comments: