ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

GOD LIVES AND LOVES US, NEVER FORGET IT!

Hello family!!!

First of all I would just like to apologize for not writing yesterday but Dad was right Mom, there was a logical explanation. It has been raining hard since Sunday morning and yesterday there was rain with heavy winds. Due to the winds the power was cut all day and didn't come back til like 10 oclock at night. So yeah it was a pretty boring pday and we were bummed that we didn't get to write. But here I am now writing so it's all good. Oh and I got a call from the secretary of the mission but no need to worry Mom, I´m all right. Oh and happy anniversary!!!! twenty two years married, wow. You guys are my role models and will be when I am married. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. That's crazy that Abbie is going to be a senior soon. I remember those days just like it was yesterday.

Y acerca de el llamamiento de Taylor Jones. Bakán po loco!!! que genial que vaí a Argentina pero una lastima que no sea Chile. Aunque vaí a gustar la misión en Argentina no es Chile, y nunca será Chile, y punto. Chile es definitivamente lo mejor de los dos paises. Ma´ encima vaí a hablar en vos.. que asco!!! y son terrible chorros los Argentinos si. Pero aunque son orgullosos y se creen los mejores son buena onda y me caen bien. Además tomaremos mate juntos cuando nos reunamos de nuevo!Ok well that's enough Spanish but congratulations Tay!

About our investigators nothing much really last week. We were able to see them last week and they progressed a little but none of them showed up to church, but they all had pretty legit excuses and we are going to be seeing them and helping them out this week so I'm not too worried. But I´ll let you know more about their progress next week.

But man cambios didn't come too soon. Elder Villegas wasn't a bad comp but he just never talked to me. We ended just fine but I was ready for the cambio. Now I am with Elder Steele, I just met him today but so far he seems like a really good guy. This is only his third cambio in the mission so he doesn't speak all that much Spanish but he is learning and progressing. He just needs time and practice. But I am way stoked for this cambio because he is ready to work and so am I and we are both optimistic and have high hopes for this cambio. We have great investigators and we are going to baptize this cambio si o si. We have the people we just need to put the fechas, keep teaching and get the ball rolling. Just like I said at the beginning of last cambio, I see good things up ahead in the future of Santa Juana. As long as we keep faithful and do our part the Lord will take care of the rest. I´ll let you know more about my comp and my investigators on Monday. Well I am excited for a new cambio and excited to work here in Santa Juana this cambio. I just love being a missionary. Well I got to go but I love you all and we will talk more next week. God lives and loves us, never forget it. CHAO!!!!

Su Chileno preferido, Élder Harper =)

1 comment:

Aimee Molloy said...

love it how he is so into the work...such amazing faith! So nice that he can have all of this in a blog for later in life.