Hola hola!
Well in all honesty I don't really have too much to say about this last week. It was a good work week, with many investigators accepting our invitation to come to church, but in the end a local tragedy kept people away from attending church with us. Anyways what happened is that a family man in his thirties here in Monte Águila, that everyone knows, died in a car crash on Thursday leaving his wife, kids, and elderly parents behind here on this side of the veil. It's really very sad and it seems like the whole town is mourning over it. The funeral was at 10:00 am in the Sunday morning, which is exactly when church starts so understandably all of our best investigators, along with the rest of Monte Águila, went to the funeral on Sunday. We did not know the man who died but thought it would be good to attend his funeral accept that we had one investigator, a joven, that said just Saturday night that he was going to come with us to church on Sunday. But Sunday morning at like six it started to rain and rain hard so when we went to go pick up the kid, his phone was turned off and no one answered the door, so it looks like the rain changed his mind.
So after a long week of hard work, we did not have any investigators with us on Sunday. But you just got to shake it off, move on, and work harder and be optimistic about the next week. Next week should be a lot better because we have a lot good investigators and found a few more with Elder Leiva and they were all planning on coming to church before the car crash and funeral so as long as we remember them in our prayers and keep on visiting them and teaching them this next week I think that we´ll have a good cosecha (Harvest) this next week . Also we're going to try to go visit the family of the guy who died this next week so maybe we will be able to help with their loss and share with them the healing powers of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I´ll let you know how that goes but I am sure we will be teaching alot of the plan of Salvation this coming week and answering those powerful questions of; where did we come from? Why are we here? and where are we going when this life is over?
So I was a little nervous about moving up to comp Mayor but I had no reason to be. I had to do most of the talking and the work for the first few days but it was fine, I actually liked it. Now In lessons and in contacts I have to try to fight to get a word in haha. I´m having the opposite problem of what I thought I would have as comp mayor. If I start a contact he ends up finishing it somehow in the end and if he starts one, he finishes it without me being able to get two words in. But we are working on that and I´m trying to rein in his excitement and enthusiasm a little bit, enough to let me talk anyways haha. I think he was just excited this last week about how easy it is to talk to people here in Monte Águila and how friendly the people are here overall. Anyways besides that, Elder Leiva is a good guy. He's a hard worker and he is cool and buena onda as well so we are getting along just fine. He is a good missionary but he's got some to learn about teaching and a little humbling to do as well, so I´m praying to be the best teacher I can for him and also praying for the humility sufficient to learn all I can from him as well. Because menor o mayor, you can always learn a lot from every comp. and I have already learned a lot from him. It's a big give and take relationship. Anyways, I´m really lucky to have gotten the companion I have and I am stoked to work with him in Monte Águila (a great sector) this cambio. We've both got excitement to work and are ready to thrust in the sickle and harvest here in Monte Águila this cambio. Love you all and have a great week. Chao!
Con mucho cariño, Élder Harper :)
p.s. once again, happy birthday Baylor. And thanks for the picture guys, everyone is lookin good .
**I'm famous!!! haha hermana swenson sent me this. check it out
http://www.ldsmag.com/churchupdate/100419scenario.html (an article that the wife of Riley's mission President, Jolene Swenson, wrote. The picture in the article was taken outside the capilla in Talcahuano centro on Sunday two weeks or so after the earthquake)

No comments:
Post a Comment