ELDER RILEY HARPER
CALLED TO SERVE - CHILE CONCEPCION SOUTH MISSION

Monday, February 8, 2010

THE LORD WILL BRING THOSE HE HAS PREPARED TO US IN HIS TIME, NOT OURS

Hello everybody!


That's weird that you guys got the email so late last week, wonder what happened? Well it sounds like your guys´s week was pretty good. Except for Bay and Dad's Super Bowl Sunday jajaja. I didn't even realize that it was Super Bowl Sunday yesterday until I read the email. Nobody cares here except some of the gringo missionaries. Here everybody is waiting with anticipation for the world cup that's coming up in June. Well as far as my week went it started out alright but didn't end up so well. We are working hard but it looks like we aren't working hard enough because none of our investigators showed up on Sunday. A few of them had valid excuses but with the others I don't know what's up with them. I guess we will find out tomorrow. I thought that we had found some good new investigators last week. We will have to see what's up tomorrow. I think we just have to be more cara de palo (stern faced? Im not sure, ask brother baker) with them.

I think we need to try some new methods of finding people and immunizar (don't know what that means, ask bro baker) our investigators better. But in the end if we are giving our all, I can't blame ourselves too much, because in the end it's their choice. They have to decide whether or not they have the courage and faith to do what it takes to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ, obtain an eternal family and the keys to enter the kingdom of God. It's just so plain, simple, and clear to me that I don't understand how anyone could not accept the simple truth. I just need to work harder, because you can always work harder and have patience. Because the Lord will bring those he has prepared to us in his time, not ours.

This coming Wednesday we have entrevistas and I imagine I´ll find out there whether or not I´m going to move up to compañero mayor. I dont feel ready but I just need to have more confidence and faith in myself and in the Lord. I know I can do it but I´m just too comfortable being comp menor haha, but I know that I could grow a lot if I´m moved up this next cambio. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Things are going pretty well with my companion, he's very stubborn and sarcastic but despite that we are getting along haha. But there are some weird things about him and things that he does and has done that I´m going to have to talk to him about today or tomorrow but it's nothing big. But even though it's not huge, if we are not obedient, we are not going to see as much success as we could have. I know I´m not perfect but there are still some things I'm going to have to talk to him about that we are going to have to change.


Let's see... some interesting things that happened this week were that it rained just out of the blue on Saturday. It caught us completely off gaurd because it's the middle of summer. So we got soaked, but hey that's life. Oh, and today was a lot of fun. We went on like a 1 or 2 mile hike through the forrest to get to the beach where we hung out with the whole zone for the day. We played ultimate frisby and soccer. It just felt great being on the beach even though we couldn't go in the water.

Well even though the last week wasn't great, I'm done feeling bad about it and I'm ready to start this next week with new energy and a thirst to baptize :). We´ve got half of the cambio left and I´m going to make it as good as I can because it very well be my last three weeks until I´m behind the wheel in the sector. Les quiero mucho y siempre acuerden, HAZ LO JUSTO!!!! A.k.a. Do the righteous :) CHAO!

con cariño, Élder Harper :)

No comments: