Well this last week as every week, has had its ups and downs but was definitely not quite as crazy as last week. To start it off, we got the call about our cambios Saturday night and they are completely white washing Pitrufquén. All four of us are leaving. They are putting two new latino zone leaders in the house and then they bought a new house here to have hermanas take me and Elder De Leon´s place. It makes a lot of sense to be putting hermanas here though, considering all the rumors and problems that have been going on with that one hermana and all the flirty girls, I guess president is hoping that putting hermanas here will solve the problem. I hope so because the work needs to continue on here in Pitruf.
Anyways, I´m being sent up north to a sector called Galvarino, which is in the Los Angeles Norte zone. From what I´ve heard, it's right in the middle of the city of Los Angeles, which is like the third biggest city in the mission. I´ve heard a lot of good things about it so I'm excited : ). Oh and I can´t remember my new comp´s name (because it's not a very common name) but he is a Mehicano so it looks like I´ll be forced to speak only spanish this next cambio. I´m nervous but at the same time excited because I know it will make my spanish improve by leaps and bounds. Well at least I hope it will.
As far as how the week was up, until we got the cambios it was pretty uneventful. On Tuesday while walking down the street we saw some white girls speaking English, so of course we contacted them hahaha. It turned out that they are foreign exchange students from Europe. One is from Lithuania and one is from Finnland. They both speak their native languages of course but then they both speak English very well (even better than alex) and they are learning spanish. It's funny cuz they talk to each other in either English or Spanish because they don´t know each other's native languages. Anyways, it was fun talking to them in English and we brought them to family home evening in the capilla where we watched the Joseph Smith movie. They liked it even though they had to leave half way through. I was excited to start teaching them but now we will just have to trust the hermanas to do it.
Besides that it was kind of a blah week. It was my comp's last week so he was a little lazy, I mean we still went out and worked and taught a lot of lessons but he didn't really want to do too many contacts. But we did work hard with the investigators that we did have. Unfortunately though, most of them started slipping through our fingers. One that really wants to get baptized is extremely shy and we just recently found out that she´s an epileptic so she refuses to leave her house. So we couldn't get her to come to church. Also, Jonathan all of a sudden just didn't want to have anything to do with us. I think his flaite (gangster) friends got to him. We still have a Gercy, and Sixto (another really cool kid) but I can´t lie I´m kind of happy to be leaving and starting over new in a new sector.
So anyways all the good jovenes are sad we are leaving but I´m sure they will love the hermanas. I just hope that they are up to dealing with this rama(branch). haha. I almost forgot, Sunday was awesome at church because we had the biggest attendance that I´ve seen yet and Alex gave a talk on the importance of honesty and integrity and the harm rumors and lies can do. Hahaha he totally destroyed the people who started all of this drama during his talk, it was great.
Well, I don't have much else to report this week, it was pretty uneventful. It´s so weird that it's already the end of my first cambio, It´s been quite a crazy first cambio but despite everything that's happened, I´m glad that I started my mission in Pitrufquén. I´ve learned many valuable lessons both from my companion, the zone leaders, and from the people here and the experiences I´ve had. I´ve made alot of friends here that I will miss and my testimony has grown a lot here but I´m ready to move on and am excited to hit the streets of Los Angeles and hit em hard!!! As always I love you guys all so much and I´m glad to hear that things are going just fine at home. Until next week... siguen en la fe y haz lo justo siempre!! Les Amo!!!
su misioner favorito, Élder Harper.. or as im called here Élder Harpy :)

1 comment:
wow, so many hard lessons learned his first little bit out in the field. You can just tell that the Lord needed him to see and experience all of that to truly become the missionary that he wants to be. good job to Riley for persevering and doing what the Lord asks him to do. Great inspiration.:o)
shauna
Post a Comment